Gibson Brands Forums

Golf Tournament

Californiaman

My family has been involved in an anual memorial golf tournament for several years. I've played in four of the five years it's been going on. It's a good time to remember my sistar-in-law's uncle who was an avid golfer.

Due to the amount of time playing guitar over the past two years, I've not been as avid of a golfer as I have in the past. But this year I've played three times and determined that I still got it. I can hold my own with acurate drives, shots to the hole, and putts. So I played in the tournament this year, having skipped last year. It was great.

My team won the tournament. We shot 6 under and with the Calloway Scoring System won the tournament. I recieved a nice trophy with a clock in it for my efforts.

My back is killing me today for having to carry my brother around the course (golf humor), but it was worth it.

I too LOVE the game but for me I need lots of play time and practice, I cant just walk out on the course and play in a tourney unless Ive been playin, my short game would kill me:-k my long game would too though [-(:-({|= glad you had fun, its a wonderful way to spend the day away from things on a course

I too LOVE the game but for me I need lots of play time and practice' date=' I cant just walk out on the course and play in a tourney unless Ive been playin, my short game would kill me:-k my long game would too though [crying'] :-k glad you had fun, its a wonderful way to spend the day away from things on a course

I know exactly what you mean regarding time to play and practice.

My play time has actually been my practice time lately.

I almost holed out from 180 yards for an eagle yesterday, but had to settle for the birdie.

Archived