Gibson Brands Forums

Matsumoku Epiphone Riviera from 1983 on ebay $4000.00 starting!

frenchie1281734003

Hey,guy`s haven`t i been telling you all along how good these guitars are,Uncle Al would have a fit,i need a good Riviera,and Jerrymac needs to replace one ,so get in quick everyone!Seriously,this is supposed to be Noel Gallaghers 1983 Riviera,i would have thought he would have kept that, what with it being the guitar he used throughout the rise of Oasis.I would hope there is some form of provenance with it!.check out item number200198853801,and happy bidding!!!.

yea, the guy has no papers or authenticity. sounds like bullshite. Why would someone ebay something so British on an American site. he has no proof the guitar belonged to noel. If the guitar were real he could let soth. or christies auction it for him and probably fetch more.

Seriously' date='this is supposed to be Noel Gallaghers 1983 Riviera,i would have thought he would have kept that, what with it being the guitar he used throughout the rise of Oasis.[/quote']

"Before we became very wealthy young men, I used to use Epiphone guitars. But they're really a poor man's Gibson, which is what I now use. I don't have to deal with them, as I don't go in for that sort of thing. But I did design a guitar for Epiphone once."

-Noel Gallagher

That may be why....

(If by "designing", he means he told them to move the switch on a Dot and paint a Union Jack on it.... Then yeah, he's a regular Ted McCarty! ;) )

• 3 years later...

Archived