Gibson Brands Forums

New stable member

olman

I just added a MIM Standard Strat to my small collection. I wanted a more pronounced tone tham I get with my humbucker equipped Epis. I am enjoying it immensley. However I won`t part with my Epi`s. I read a thread, yesterday about Strats being better than Epis. Not true at all. They have entirely different tones that are condusive to different types of music. To my ears, there are occasions when I want the Strat tone over the H.B.s I believe there is not one better than the other. It all depends on what you want to hear, when you want to hear it. There are no bad guitars in the price range between $300. & $700 dollars. The best investment, In my opinion, is a decent tube amp. I have a Peavey Classic 30, that when tweeked is capable of making any guitar sound good, regardless of pickups, price, etc, as long as the guitar has a decent setup. There are people who will argue about any damn thing. They can get away with it on the internet. I wonder if they would show the same lack of respect for other people on a face to face basis. Interested to see where this post goes. See Ya

I just added a MIM Standard Strat to my small collection. I wanted a more pronounced tone tham I get with my humbucker equipped Epis. I am enjoying it immensley. However I won`t part with my Epi`s. I read a thread' date=' yesterday about Strats being better than Epis. Not true at all. They have entirely different tones that are condusive to different types of music. To my ears, there are occasions when I want the Strat tone over the H.B.s I believe there is not one better than the other. It all depends on what you want to hear, when you want to hear it. There are no bad guitars in the price range between $300. & $700 dollars. The best investment, In my opinion, is a decent tube amp. I have a Peavey Classic 30, that when tweeked is capable of making any guitar sound good, regardless of pickups, price, etc, as long as the guitar has a decent setup. There are people who will argue about any damn thing. They can get away with it on the internet. I wonder if they would show the same lack of respect for other people on a face to face basis. Interested to see where this post goes. See Ya[/quote']

I have an MIM and like it alot........I had a Squier Fat Strat that I liked too. I gave it to my granddaughter.I just bought a Squire Vintage Modified Telecaster. Now I am looking for an affordable Epiphone for arounf 300 bucks. I also got a Peavey Bandit on the way. Yep....I got the fever bad I bought 4 amps within the last 6 months. Crates,a Vox,and now a Peavey.

My first major guitar purchase recently was an American Strat.

Got the bug while at my local music store and bought the MIM Strat I had been using to demo stomp boxes.

Six months later I sold the American Strat.

Still got the MIM though....[-X

My first major guitar purchase recently was an American Strat.

Got the bug while at my local music store and bought the MIM Strat I had been using to demo stomp boxes.

Six months later I sold the American Strat.

Still got the MIM though....[-X

How didtheMIM compare to the American

Archived