Gibson Brands Forums

Is this Les Paul Black Beauty legit?

7thSon

Hey guys, I've been looking into getting an Epi LP model the last couple of days and have been doing a lot of reading around, and i'm pretty ware of getting stuff off ebay. But I saw this, and it looks to be possibly a factory 2nd, based on the minor cosmetic damage the seller stated, and from the pics, and from looking at his other items which are listed with similar minor cosmetic damage. He has a high feedback score and I've got through all his negative and neutral feedback, not one person was unhappy with the guitar, unless it was because it was damaged in transit, or more damaged than they had thought, but no accusations of fakery or anything.

I dunno, the pictures aren't too clear and I wouldn't really be able to tell anyways I guess, can anyone here share some of their experience about whether this guitar is a genuine epiphone factory second, or a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250217952867

It looks real but, as you mentioned, the pics are not very crisp.

The only thing that would give me pause is that the seller did not show the "ripples" close up.

Also if the seller is a legitemate Epiphone dealer he would know that Epi's do not have a laquer finish.

Usually an Epi dealer will show the back of the headstock to reveal the serial number and the country of manufacture.

Obviuosly since the guitar is in the UK it won't (shouldn't) have a USA inspection sticker unless it is not brand new.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived