Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Extreme

mb_qwerty

Am trying to raise some funds to get me a new guitar and have this in my collection. Was just wondering what it's worth is really. It's an epiphone (obviously) les paul extreme from the nuclear collection in black and white crackle. Am getting some pics of it today (or when the sun's out) but it's this one:

http://www.gibson.com/products/epiphone/eseries/acf.asp?mod=elpx

I've also stuck an emg 81 in the bridge and an 89 (85+SA) in the neck. Would really prefer not ot sell this so need to see what the value of it is and if it's worth it (or even if anyone is interested lol)

Cheers

Difficult to say, it really depends on finding someone with a you-know-what for a crackle-finish guitar. It'd probably be in your interest to put the original pickups back in before selling it; apparently you never get any extra $$$ for aftermarket pickups and the guitar will actually be worth more if it has all the original parts.

You might check out eBay under completed auctions and see what they have been going for.

Seen one on ebay but on american and was up for barely anything! It's an amazing player and is currently my "metal" guitar, unless it's actually worth anything i dont really want to sell it. I know that emg's are really popular at the minute so i wondered about advertising it with origional pickups in but say i can fit emg's for an extra however much.

That sounds like a good idea. However it's starting to look like you'd be better off hanging on to it for now. AFAIK those crackle-finish guitars aren't exactly popular so it's probable that you're not going to get much $$$ for it.

Archived