Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ-160E questions

wisdoms_son

I own this guitar and I am looking for some help. It is just like it is out of the box. I have changed nothing or added nothing other than what was stock. What are some things or improvements I would want to make to this guitar? Also when I hook it up to a sound system I have to pretty much turn the gain all the way up and the volume on my guitar all the way and still it is not very loud. Is there anything I can do to improve that?

Also when I hook it up to a sound system I have to pretty much turn the gain all the way up and the volume on my guitar all the way and still it is not very loud. Is there anything I can do to improve that?

You most likely have acoustic strings on there and the single coil pickup doesn't work well with those. Change to some electric strings of the same guage.

You'll want nickel plated electric guitar strings with a wound G for a louder, brighter more electric sound. Make sure they're the same guage as the one's you're replacing so you won't need a set-up.

For a mellower electric sound try some flatwound's of the same guage. Most Beatle freaks seem to prefer the flatwound electrics for plugging in. 11's.

Archived