Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone G-400 with Bigsby (Vibrotone) : Need info !

woodsmandan

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a while, being an Epi enthusiast...

My topic : I have found a G-400 with Bigsby for sale and bought it sight unseen. Since it is quite far from my place, a friend picked it up and I should get in a week or two. Meanwhile, I'm searching for info about it and a can't seem to find much...I know this model was made between 1997 and 1999, very few, if any, seems to pop up on the bay or elsewhere, so it makes me believe not very much were made or sold.

Anyone here has had one ? I'm looking for actual pics, first hand reviews, comments, factory specs, catalog scans...anything related to this particular model.

Thanks !

I think last year' date=' or before, they made a 400 with the Maestro tail. I dunno about a Bigsby, coulda been an add on after it was bought maybe?[/quote']

I found this image, seems to be taken from the Epi's website at the time maybe ? Also, the guy I bought it from told me (over the phone) that he bought it new like that 10 years ago.

g400big.jpg

Archived