Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul GX (Prophecy) Same Day diff than Musicians Friend model....?

strat2

I really like the new Propehcy Paul with the speed taper D neck.

Musicians Friend shows the one I want, the cutaway goes clear down

to the 24 th fret.

The picture shown at Same Day is totally wrong , the cutaway only cuts

away to the 22nd fret.

Both pictures show the correct GX color Red.....same pups etc....

Interesting... Good eye! Looks like different neck inset. MF at 18th, SD at 16th fret. Check the thinnest part of the bodies and how it lines up with the PU. Also check how the controls line up with the bridge. The SD has Schaller straplocks as well.

The SD is the version Epiphone is showing on their site.

544903.jpg

^

MF

SD >

PROPH_LPCstGX-BC-78b23b35b72cb8af45ce6f3686f34122.jpg

Interesting... Good eye! Looks like different neck inset. MF at 18th' date=' SD at 16th fret. Check the thinnest part of the bodies and how it lines up with the PU. Also check how the controls line up with the bridge. The SD has Schaller straplocks as well.

The SD is the version Epiphone is showing on their site.

[img']http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/0/3/544903.jpg[/img]

^

MF

SD >

So the SD is what the epi site show's too, that really sucks, that tells me the MF

guit is a concept and not what I can buy.

It's possible they get a special run at MF , but I doubt it and can't count on it.

I've seen wrong photo's posted at MF before.

I will definetly not buy this guitar, [-X I fell in love with the 18th fret joint version

instantly , the 16th fret (neck inset) no way grrrrrr........

Thanks for checking the epi site, I couldn't download the pdf.........

One of the first things (like you pointed out) that I noticed between the gx and the

ex is that the body appears to have been routed the same as far as electronics, then you can see

they move the bridge forward two frets on the version I would have been buying.

I hope someone from Gibson/Epi will step in and clarify,

Here's the two close together :

The one I would deff., buy: :D/

gx.jpg

The one I would have no interest at all in ::-({|=

lespaulgx.jpg

I have an idea Sweatwater is far down the list form having these in stock...but I'll check LOL....

Well, both the Epi Press photos (GX and EX) show the joint at the 16th fret so I'd bet that that's what they are going to have. However, all you need to do is pop off an email to service@gibson.com; if anyone will have the answer they'd be the ones. Don't bother attaching a bunch of pictures, just ask if the neck joins at the 16th or the 18th fret as there is some confusion in this area due to different resellers posting different images.

Hey strat2. Seen you at the HC as well.

I sent Epiphone and Gibson Customer Info's a email asking WTF is up.

One picture has 22 frets and one has 24 then I see an Ebay EMG example with 22 frets as well.

What gives cause all the Ads Epi and Gibbo and GC,MF send me say and show 24 frets and more friendly neck lower cutout access.

Yousd think a few Gibson employees would look here now and then. But who knows.

Because this model is so new Not a lot if anyone has one yet.

Crazy cause theyve been advertising for almost 6 months now..

Well' date=' both the Epi Press photos (GX and EX) show the joint at the 16th fret so I'd bet that that's what they are going to have. However, all you need to do is pop off an email to service@gibson.com; if anyone will have the answer they'd be the ones. Don't bother attaching a bunch of pictures, just ask if the neck joins at the 16th or the 18th fret as there is soime confusion in this area due to different resellers posting different images.[/quote']

Thanks for the email address, the Epi site doesn't give any contact info.

Hey strat2. Seen you at the HC as well.

I sent Epiphone and Gibson Customer Info's a email asking WTF is up.

One picture has 22 frets and one has 24 then I see an Ebay EMG example with 22 frets as well.

What gives cause all the Ads Epi and Gibbo and GC' date='MF send me say and show 24 frets and more friendly neck lower cutout access.

Yousd think a few Gibson employees would look here now and then. But who knows.

Because this model is so new Not a lot if anyone has one yet.

Crazy cause theyve been advertising for almost 6 months now..

[/quote']

Hey V-Type,

Nice to see you here.....

I think the 22 fretter we've seen on ebay is just an earlier release, the guy

selling it never sold anything on ebay before , I think this is just something he had bought

for himself a while ago, not sure how he could call it New though , that's strange, I think

possibly it's maybe like new I doubt he's a dealer, also as we discovered it's not a Gx either

it's an EX.

The new Prophecys' are 24 fret period , from what I see.

I'll send an inquiry too, very specifically I guess the question I'll ask is does

the LP gx neck join the body at the 16th fret or the 18th fret, that pretty

much would settle (my) questions.If it joins at the 16th fret then it's just another of thousands of LP knock off

stories, nothing new....

:-({|=

I am also VERY interested in finding out what is going on here.

I also noticed that the GC photos have a true ebony-looking neck' date=' whereas the other photo looks almost like a rosewood neck painted black (poorly).

Thanks for looking into this...[/quote']

Yea eventually they'll give us a heads up........

I pretty much discount that rosewood looking ebay guit, prbably an earlier

release.....

](*,)

Hmmm.... on these YouTube videos (the only ones I've seen of this guitar)... the neck looks joined on fret 16.

See these links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKhNVH3z7M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4dcMKASi4&feature=related

Now I haven't yet heard back from these guys where they got their guitars...

But not good news...

Great ' date=' I'll check it out , didn't think to look at youtube......'](*,)/

Okay...another update... those 2 guys on the Youtube videos... one is from Sweden and the other is from the UK.

So I don't know if the guitars they received are the same as what we'd get in the US or not. It probably does explain how they have them before they seem available here.

For me' date=' I could live with the 16th fret neck joint... but I still want to know what is up with the discrepency and I also would like some official reassurance on the quality (and blackness) of the ebony fretboard.[/quote']

I'd have never taken a second look or had any interest in the guit had it not been

the 18th fret joint with fantastic upper fret access.

The rosewood looking issue will be a non issue, they'll not be selling an ebony board

that looks like rosewood here in the US, that ebay deal I'm sure was just as I

said before, it was just an early release, they probably didn't even boast ebony at the time.

I'm still waiting to hear from Gibson.........on the GX.

I have a feeling these are just going into production as we speak , they put out

the feelers to see what kind of response they get, to best gauge production, I don't

blame them it makes good business sense.

I hope they won't be building the guitar I fell in love with , cause I could save some money....LOL

I sure would never consider spending $700.00 on another LP with crappy uppper fret access....:P

Cheers.....

For me' date=' I could live with the 16th fret neck joint... but I still want to know what is up with the discrepency and I also would like some official reassurance on the quality (and blackness) of the ebony fretboard.[/quote']

I'd have never taken a second look or had any interest in the guit had it not been

the 18th fret joint with fantastic upper fret access. I'm sure there are plenty that will

agree with you, just not my thing.

Actually Rondo has a 24 fret LP out that has great upper fret access, but it doesn't have

the classy finish that epi plans to sell, I really like the white binding, not crazy about quilt

but it does look nice.

The rosewood looking issue will be a non issue, they'll not be selling an ebony board

said before, it was just an early release, they probably didn't even boast ebony at the time.

I have a feeling these are just going into production as we speak , they put out

the feelers to see what kind of response they get, to best gauge production, I don't

I hope they won't be building the guitar I fell in love with , cause I could save some money....LOL

I sure would never consider spending $700.00 on another LP with crappy uppper fret access....:P

Cheers.....

the 18th fret joint with fantastic upper fret access. I'm sure there are plenty that will

Actually Rondo has a 24 fret LP out that has great upper fret access, but it doesn't have

the classy finish that epi plans to sell, I really like the white binding, not crazy about quilt

but it does look nice.

I sure would never consider spending $700.00 on another LP with poor uppper fret access....;)

Cheers.....

Edit/Add...... I deleted the duplicates,,, I kept getting this 'Forum is offline' notice that said

'try agian' so I did....LOL...........

but it does look nice.

I sure would never consider spending $700.00 on another LP with poor uppper fret access....;)

Cheers.....

Archived