Gibson Brands Forums

Dot decision woes

luvastogie

To each their own' date=' but two of the things I like most about my Studios are the single vol/tone and the unmarked fretboard. I've got a regular 00 Dot in VS that I love, but the studio's have kind of a "grainy" coolness the standards don't.[/quote']

I was a bit leery about the controls but found they make things simpler. And the lack of

flash among so many flashy guitars makes it stand out in its own way. I'll soon have pix of my

atypical worn brown Dot soon, which has a grainy coolness all its own.

To each their own' date=' but two of the things I like most about my Studios are the single vol/tone and the unmarked fretboard. I've got a regular 00 Dot in VS that I love, but the studio's have kind of a "grainy" coolness the standards don't.[/quote']

Yep, I decided that the single volume/tone knobs are not that big of a deal to me. My PRS has the same setup so no big whoop. As for the unmarked fret board, once I learn to play a bit better, I won't have to play hunched over staring at the fretboard the whole time and then I won't even notice. Just playing around with it in the store made me more comfortable with not having them. It's still got the small dot markers on the top edge of the fretboard so I won't be completely lost.

Archived