Gibson Brands Forums

allen woody manufacture plant(s)

jimmyt

Hi all, I'm new.

I'm about to become a fellow epi owner after playing an Allen Woody the other day at my least favourite music store in town. It was fantastic and I have to have it! However I don't really want to deal with them and went to speak to the guys at my local store who were prepared to order one in and offered the same price but including the hard case.

The one I played is a Korean one. Has manufacture moved to China? I have heard the Chinese plant is ok still but I really liked the one I played and to take a chance on ordering one I hadn't played I'd want to be confident it'd be as good. People on this forum seem to be pretty knowledgable on the manufacture plants but I haven't seen anything specific on which models are where.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all' date=' I'm new.

I'm about to become a fellow epi owner after playing an Allen Woody the other day at my least favourite music store in town. It was fantastic and I have to have it! However I don't really want to deal with them and went to speak to the guys at my local store who were prepared to order one in and offered the same price but including the hard case.

The one I played is a Korean one. Has manufacture moved to China? I have heard the Chinese plant is ok still but I really liked the one I played and to take a chance on ordering one I hadn't played I'd want to be confident it'd be as good. People on this forum seem to be pretty knowledgable on the manufacture plants but I haven't seen anything specific on which models are where.

thanks![/quote']

Hi JimmyT,

I would not worry about the China/Korea thing. Epiphone is good with maintaining quality and specs through out the production process and if you have a problem, just return it.

By the way, I think all Allen Woody basses up to this point are all made in Korea so I don't think you have a worry.

Archived