Gibson Brands Forums

Low E string vibrates andm akes loud noise when left untouched and plugged in on Epi G400

Chaoslava

"I can visibly see the low E string vibrating as I can't see the coils, and when

I touch it it stops, but as soon as I let go it sort of builds itself back up again..."

how can a string start vibrating by itself? either your pickup has some really strong magnets, or your

building has a really shaky foundation...I think you need to re-describe the problem in a way that

is a bit clearer...

Always mute the strings with one hand when you are not playing. If you walk off an leave the amp on, turn down the guitar volume. It never fails that someone puts their guitar on a stand during a break, walks away and has to go back and turn down the volume...HHHHMMMMMMMMM.

It's feedback. Feedback happens to all guitars, especially when the amp is cranked.

"I can visibly see the low E string vibrating as I can't see the coils' date=' and when

I touch it it stops, but as soon as I let go it sort of builds itself back up again..."

how can a string start vibrating by itself? either your pickup has some really strong magnets, or your

building has a really shaky foundation...I think you need to re-describe the problem in a way that

is a bit clearer...[/quote']

Seriously. I would get a video of it if I was at my Dads...

I hold it as normal, don't touch anything, and then it just starts with a low whining sound, eventually getting louder and louder until it's unbearable, the string is virbrating so much you can't see the coils (the winding of the string, as someone mentioned earler)

Archived