Gibson Brands Forums

It's a shame...

xyrium

That you guys don't offer he Standard Plus or Classic in the Midnight Black of the Ultra. The same goes for the Black Cherry of the Prophecy, or simply get rid of those silly inlays on the Prophecy and use the standard trapezoid or square inlays. The Ultra is useless IMO, that neck pickup is a gimmick, and the chambered body in contradictory to the reason why people by a Les Paul design. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the suggestion and i am going to throw in my two cents. Epiphone has a problem with their solid bodies. Epiphone archtops are, and have always been top notch, but why sell the solid bodies if "performance" isnt really a"passion". I just played a Japanese made Edwards LP, which smokes any EPI solid body ive ever played, INCLUDING, the elitist. for 850.00 delivered, the Edwards (MIJ) have solid tonewood, seymore duncan pickups, and Nitrocelulose laquer finishes. Epiphone Should at least offer a thin or satin Nitro finnish on their elitist LP line, WITHOUT hiking the price 15% - 20%. Common guys, if edwards can do it for 750, epiphone can do it for 1100, right?!

Archived