Gibson Brands Forums

Fishman Loudbox Performer Acoustic Guitar Amp

g6120

wonder if anyone here has a fishman acoutic amp and would like to share thier thoughts on how they like the amp - or any other examples that users would recommend

i am close to buying a Fishman Loudbox Performer Acoustic Amp but have not pulled the trigger as yet - they sell for about $799.00 but i can land one for $600.00 new in box .

welcome your thoughts

g6120

I tried a plethora of acoustic amps before settling on Mexican made Fender Acoustasonics. I have five of them. I use the small ones as monitors and the largest one as a vocal amp.

My reason for buying the Fenders was simple: I got good value for the money (Acoustasonic JR. for example was around $425 with reverb and chorus, two input channels including one XLR) legendary Fender 'verb, nice appearance (vintage look) and readily available accessories such as amp covers, foot switches and replacement handles if ever required.

I have played on just about everything including the Fishman you have picked out. My problem with most is that you have to put them on 5 just to be loud enough for the living room, so you don't have a lot to work with for a gig. The Fenders can be a touch nasty, but they have the juice, the sound, the reverb and durability.

Archived