Gibson Brands Forums

Quick Question

rhcpfan2011

I am thinking about buying an Epiphone LP - 100 or G-310. I own a standard les paul and i love it, the reason i want to do this is to put better pickups and Gibson neck onto either the Lp-100 or G-310. My question is since gibsons necks are set in and the lower end epiphones are bolt on, can i put a gibson neck in it???

Thanks in advance

I am thinking about buying an Epiphone LP - 100 or G-310. I own a standard les paul and i love it' date=' the reason i want to do this is to put better pickups and Gibson neck onto either the Lp-100 or G-310. My question is since gibsons necks are set in and the lower end epiphones are bolt on, can i put a gibson neck in it???

Thanks in advance[/quote']

Don't waste your money on that crap... Check out one of these...

http://www.rondomusic.com/cgi-rondomusic/sb/productsearch.cgi

For the price of an LP-100 or a G-310, you could get a QUALITY guitar that won't need any major re-construction.

I have a 3100, which is a little higher up the line ($379... Mercy!) And I was extremely surprised by how good the pickups sound... I thought for sure I'd be swapping them out, but several months later, they're still in there..

The 2000 series have ceramic pickups, which are fine if you're into metal or other high-output applications... Personally, I prefer the warmth of the Alnico V pups in the 3x00s... But lots of people like the ceramics... Depends on what you're into..

And those pictures on the Rondo site do not do these guitars justice at all... They're freakin' GORGEOUS! My jaw dropped when I opened the case, the day mine arrived.

Archived