Gibson Brands Forums

thnx to all

dimitri2803

it was not to be over 400.00, right?

first off, that would put you either in the used market.. or give up a set neck. lp 100 or special II.

reason being that a new Goth Les Paul Studio.. what are they 339.00?.. would be the black, or if you can find a Les Paul Studio in black.. but it wont be jet black..

see.. your taste is conflicting with what it is out there, and what it will cost you.

Even the studip LP, which would certainly do! starts at a little over three hundred bucks.

After that you have to get a whammy..

bigsby is the only real choice here.. retrofitting a floyd or a fender style require routing of the body.. that would cost you some bucks.

My suggestion then is either give up the color pickiness.. if you want black, take the black they offer..

OR you'd have to go used..

in which case you've got a sort of pot luck thing.. finding one that is jet black, which I assume means gloss black, and then finding it in your price range.

Good luck on that!

Here's what I'd do.. buy a new black les paul studio.. goth or otherwise.. and install a bigsby style trem.. there are a couple out there that vary.

you can see them by googling les paul tremolo and you'll probably get directed to www.wdmusic.com and www.allparts.com and www.stewmac.com.

I just checked your other thread and it looks like you're coming to the same conclusion I have.

Lp studio goth bigsby trem..

as stated in the other thread, patience and good web instructions are about all you'd need to get it on there.

Just don't drill anything until you have it set up the way you like.. for instance, sometimes the strap peg at the bottom isn't centered correctly for the bigsby.. so you have to get it centered first..lined up with the bridge saddles..then mark and drill the hole.

if you use kite string for a high and low e and piece of masking tape to hold the bottom of the bigsby on, you can tighten the strings at the post

enough to see the run from the bridge saddles to the bigsby are straight.

but it's all like that. measure twice, cut once. it's an old rule but a good one.

also.. I think the goth would look absolutely knockout with a black bigbsy and they make 'em.

Archived