Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Supernova Union Jack

Tobin

Hello everyone. I am pretty new here, well very new here. I am interested in finding a Supernova in the Union Jack option. I have been monitoring ebay and the local craigslist to no avail. I'm desperate to own this guitar! If anyone has any suggestions how to get a hold of one or perhaps knows someone who would be interested in selling please let me know.

Thanks, and I am excited to be apart of this group!

Welcome, Tobin...

I think you are doing, what most of us would, in your situation. Plus, let everyone you know, know that you want this

guitar. Even non-players. People sometimes "stumble" onto things in pawn shops, or small "out of the way" music

stores. So, the more people you can get to help in the search, the better. That particular Epi is somewhat rare...and

people that have them, don't often sell them. But, they DO pop up, on E-bay and the like, now and then. Quite often,

for too much money, IMHO...but, some folks are pretty "precious" about their "used" guitars...especially the rare ones.

Even so, the folks here, are pretty good about letting one another know, when there's something of interest to one or all.

So, good hunting!

CB

• 3 months later...

Hi There,

I have a very mint Epiphone Union Jack Supernova which I am willing to let go for if the price is reasonable. Please e-mail me if you need to see photos of my guitar. Let me know asap if you're a serious buyer.

mail me at fiz@terrorkota.com. Thanks.

IF you can't find a Supernova, you might try an Aria Pro II

EG01334.jpg

From memory, these aren't too bad (but probably inferior to a Supernova, which, as I recall, is basically a Sheraton in disguise.)

Guitar shops in the United Kingdom seemed to have plenty of these Arias 5 years or so ago. They came with Union Jacks, St George's Crosses, St Andrew's Crosses and (for some reason) R.A.F. Roundels. I think they might have made one with a Welsh Dragon too...(unless my memory is playing tricks on me).

Try:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG01334

EDIT:

Only I just realised that you're in Florida...so it was pretty dumb of me to send you to a British guitar shop... I don't know whether the Arias were also sold in the U.S.

Still...very patriotic of you to want a Union Jack guitar! Cheers!

Archived