Gibson Brands Forums

Hi I'm kind of new here.

shinie194

Hi everyone I'm kind of new to the guitar scene and today I just got a new guitar. I have no idea what it's called but the guy at guitar center said it's a Epiphone Limited Edition SG Custom Shop and I tried looking for that online but I couldn't find the model. He also said it's a discontinued model and not the SG400's so he really didn't have an Idea what kind of guitar it is. I personally like the sound and I chose it over the Epiphone Les Paul Studio Alpine White version. If anyone knows what kind of Model this is and usually how much this would cost because I got it for $299.99 and not sure how much it's actually worth. Also I'm trying to buy a new amp right now because I have the 10 watt Marshall Combo which is a really good amp but it's getting a bit old and I don't know which amp to get for 100-200 $'s... and I like to play alternative/punk/poprock type of stuff.

Here's the Pictures of The Guitar I got..DSC00246.jpg?t=1223196198

DSC00254.jpg?t=1223196288

(The White things on the black part of the guitar are just bubbles from the plastic.)

Not 100% sure or anything, but this basically looks like a G400 (which I used to have). Epiphone may have made a special edition or something, but as far as I can tell it's basically the same. Set neck, same looking humbuckers, four knobs, half pickguard, etc. The g400 usually goes for $300-$350. If you're looking for an amp I'd say the Valve Jr. by Epi. It's probably not going to sound how you want it to right off, so you'd wanna get a pedal for distortion/overdrive. I just say the valve jr. because it's cheap, it's pretty loud for such a small amp, and it's clean sounding so it's a good base point for a pedal.

I was recommended that The Line6 Stuff are really good with effects and stuff but I don't know much about the pedals.. I do have a marshall 10 watt amp that has distortion but I wanted to do stuff with effects which I'm not too sure of between the pedals and an amp that has built in effects..

you have nice fret markers there mine are just white plastic. it's a nice colour thats why it's a ltd edition.i like line6 stuff some don't i can't hear the difference.put a pocket pod through any crap amp or portable pa and it should sound good.

Thanks

Archived