Gibson Brands Forums

EpiActive PUPS

ProphecyEM2FX85

Anyone heard anything about them i am somewhat novice guitarist and i am wondering if should pick up some emgs for the prophecy when i get it. I have been trying to find out what people think of the EM2 if anyone had played it to see how it sounds. I want to find out if its gonna be a good buy before i go to GC and order it.

Well, "picking up some EMGs" is going to cost you almost as much as you're paying for the guitar. I certainly wouldn't do that until you've gotten a good feel for the EpiActives. Unless you just have the money to blow and yearn help out your local retailer, then go for it. =D>

Well' date=' "picking up some EMGs" is going to cost you almost as much as you're paying for the guitar. I certainly wouldn't do that until you've gotten a good feel for the EpiActives. Unless you just have the money to blow and yearn help out your local retailer, then go for it. =D> [/quote']

Yeah i was gonna see how the epis worked out before i went and spen the money on the EMGs just wanted to see what others thought about the epis. thanks

I haven't heard much (any?) talk about them on this board so you might have to be the guy who lets us know. Also there are no demos on YouTube yet...amazingly enough. That guitar seems like a great bargain.

When it i get it i wil do just that. I thought the same thing man with it having the original floyd rose.

Anyone heard anything about them i am somewhat novice guitarist and i am wondering if should pick up some emgs for the prophecy when i get it. I have been trying to find out what people think of the EM2 if anyone had played it to see how it sounds. I want to find out if its gonna be a good buy before i go to GC and order it.

Here's the scoop on them..courtesy of Dr. Epiphone.

http://www.epiphone.com/Doctor/epiactive.html

Of course like any active pickup with a built-in preamp, you will need a 9 volt battery

to fit either in the control cavity on your LP, which means removing the plate to

change the battery..or you can cut a hole and install a battery holder so that

you can change the battery without having to reach for a screwdriver.

The other interesting thing about these is that they claim that these can

provide a passive operation option as well.

Whether this means through a switch selection or disconnection of the

battery is not explained, but you should be able to find this out.

Archived