Gibson Brands Forums

problems popping up with firefly 30 dsp

fenrirlupus

when i got the amp, it sounded good (for a transistor amp) the clean channel was clean, the dirty channel was fine

(but it's only good if you keep the master volume below 12:00)

but i've recently been having problems with the clean channel. it's not as clear as it was. there's a little bit of distortion in the background, and you can really hear it with the reverb turned up.

i have NOT been moving it. it's been in the same spot since the middle of summer.

so what might the problem be? could it be the speaker? or my instrument cable? (i guess i'll have to test that quick...)

it's really bugging me though.

EDIT:

think i've located the problem. the whole problem: not just my fuzz problem, but why people don't like this amp.

i tried it with the headphone jack (i ran that into computer speakers to increase the volume w/o having to adjust master volume, or to be able to crank the master volume up but still have my hearing left) and plugged headphones into that. at any setting on master volume it sounded crystal clear, as opposed to the speaker inside, which sounds pretty terrible.

so any speaker suggestions?

i think the eminence legend 1058 sounds good, anyone have any problems with that speaker?

Archived