Gibson Brands Forums

New member looking for...

jimtalkbox

Hello everyone, I'm a new forum member. I've got 3 epiphones currently in my collection. (1988 Epi Les Paul Standard Plus, Alpine White G400 & an orange Sorrento, and I've owned even more at different times!), and wanted to introduce myself!

I'm currently looking to upgrade to a newer Les Paul because I'd really like a chunkier neck and want something in a different finish. I had originally looked at an Epi Elitist (in washed cherry 'burst), but they are hard to find online used! I tried one out once in Austin, TX and really liked it, but I was on the hunt for a different guitar that day. I'm really looking for:

Les Paul (or copy)

Epi Elitist, Tokai, Burny, Greco, Orville, etc. (does NOT have to be vintage)

50's chunkier neck (I've fallen in love with my friend's Gibson VOS)

Faded Cherry Sunburst

Pickups (I'll likely change for some BG Pickups PAF style anyways)

Price Range: $500-$800

If anyone has something like this that they were wanting to sell or could point me to somewhere online that might have something like this, I'd very much appreciate it. You can email me at: jimcaldwell78_2@yahoo.com

the local guitar center here in f'ville AR did have an Elitist LP in faded burst for sale used...its the standard top not the plus top

if interested I can swing by and see if its still there

A standard top would be perfectly fine! You really don't have to go to the trouble though. I'm really picky about the look of it, but if you were heading there anyways, I wouldn't mind hearing about it/seeing a pic.

If you're looking for a chunkier neck you may want to try out one of the Slash models. May be out of your price range though.

I tried a Slash Epi Goldtop and really liked it, especially the pickups and the neck, but I'm really stuck on a faded cherry sunburst.

Archived