Gibson Brands Forums

Qc on my elitist.

Rc135

Wow i just got my elitist les paul custom that fedex delivered me today. The owners card said it was made or shipped from epiphone 10/25/2008. I got the alpine white one i wont bother to tell you guys how they look/sound cuz everone knows they are amazing. The only thing that is a miss with mine is the poor quality control on the finish/binding/whoever scewed in the back plate that goes over the caps, its really close to the bottom of the cut out and the top i can stick my fingernail in. so the paint job was a little thin around some of the corners around the headstock and 2 small scratches that went down to the wood on the side of the headstock kinda reminds you if your stringing up carelessly. The binding was also thin in a few spots and the outside binding on the point of the bottom cutaway was a little chip in it looks like it was bumped and a thin peice came off. There is also a small hairline crack in the yellow/white thing that holds the strings on the top of the fretboard like if you were to be lookingstraight down at it while u were playing it. Other than that the guitar is amazing sound/looks wise.

You bought this NEW?! And, Who From? If so, I'd return it, and have them send you another one. I hope if isn't a "fake!"

If it was used, and genuine...then, no biggie...all that stuff can be fixed. But that sure doesn't sound like the kind of things

you'd find on a NEW "Elitist." at least not any I've seen. They're (usually) as close to "perfect" as I've ever seen, fit and finish.

But...??? Who knows? Was it (possibly) a "Store Demo?" Still doesn't explain thin binding, or ill fitting plates, etc.

Good luck...and HNGD, anyway.

CB

I'm new to the forum but I thought I'd add to the thread.

I received an Elitist LP plus in faded cherry from Guitar Center (ordered online) around a month ago. All I can say is the thing came in perfect condition and surpassed my greatest expectations. It's the most versital guitar I've ever played in that I can get almost any style or tone I want from it. It came nicely set up and it's as beautiful to play as it is to just look at. I'm having a blast dubbing around with it and my GDec amp

I would also send it back if it came in questionable condition. You paid a premium for quality and if it doesn't show in the instrument you wasted a bunch of money

Just my opinion

new at sam ash.com no more in stock anywhere.

Well, I'm sorry RC...I think it must have been either a "Floor Sample,

which means it was played a LOT...or, it was a return, possibly.

No Way, it should have been shipped to you, in that condition, being "New!"

If you can live with it, as such...that's your decision, but you paid

your money, for a "New" guitar...not a refurbish, demo, or "B" stock,

right? If you still have all the tags, reciepts, etc..and don't want to

deal with Sam Ash, then at least take it to an Epiphone repair

/warrenty station, and explain to them what happened. It can't hurt,

and you deserve what you paid good money for!

(Editorial) This is why I've NEVER purchased a pick, from Sam Ash! And,

Never will! People trash Guitar Center, but I've had much better luck,

and relations with them, than I ever got/had at a SA. (End of Editorial) ;>b

CB

This week I purchased a Elitist SG from ebay. It like new. It had all of the hang tags, plastic film on the plastic, the case, and even the original box.

Elitist SG Link

The only difference between it and a new one what the guy selling it had put Seymour Duncan 50th Anniversary limited edition, signed, engraved pickups on it. This was an added bonus becuase I already have an Elitist LP,and a G400 with the Elitist pickups. I would have been tempted to change pickups to somthing different.

It is perfect in every way. I can't find a single tiny flaw anywhere. It is set up perfectly. The finish, nut, and the frets are perfect.

I had been looking at Gibson Faded SG, and the SG Standards lately, but could not bring myself to pay so much for somthing that seems no better than the Elitist. It was a no brainer. It was $100 less than a faded, and $1000 less than the Standard. It seemed every bit as well made as the Standards I saw, and light years beyond the faded.

My Elitist LP that got last year was also perfect in every way. I can's say that about any of the other 10 guitars I have, except shockingly, a Fullerton Strat with amp (Music 123 house brand) that cost $30 becuase of a scratch. Two Fenders (a Baja Tele, and a Mexican Toronado) both were poorly set up, with ok nuts, and you can find flaws in the finish if you look. The rest of my cheap guitars (Squiers, Switch, and G400) all suffered from poor nuts, and huge releif in the neck. My Gold G400 has overspray on the neck, the neck is completly straight with the truss rod loose, and the bridge is as low as it can go on the high side.

Until I got the elitists, I thought all low-mid range guitars had to have flaws.

I really don't understand why Gibson allowed Elitist to exist. As farsa I can tell, they really do rival the comparable Gibsons at less than half the price. I actually prefer poly finish, and couldn't care less about the headstock.

The only problem I have with the Elitists is that they are so perfect, that I am afraid to get the first scratch. A faded SG would be better in this respect.

Archived