Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone "N" factory code?

hunter3705

Hi I bought a used Epiphone Hummingbird with serial no. N0702xxxx I understand that it was made in February of 2007, and I have read numerous places that the "N" is the factory code, but I've never been able to find exactly which factory the "N" represents. Any help appreciated, Alan

Well, my hummingbird is in cherryburst, so the N standing for "natural" wouldn't make sense. Also, everything I've been able to find says that the first one (or sometimes two) letters of the serial number denote the factory where it was manufactured. None of the factory code lists that I've seen show an "N" as one of the codes. It's a real mystery.

Also' date=' everything I've been able to find says that the first one (or sometimes two) letters of the serial number denote the factory where it was manufactured. None of the factory code lists that I've seen show an "N" as one of the codes. It's a real mystery. [/quote']

I agree with your assessment. Btw, I have 2 factory code G guitars, also unk.

The prefix letter does not indicate finish, rather it indicates factory as you suspected.

This question comes up quite frequently. Go back to the Acoustics page then select "All" at the bottom instead of 1 week. Then do a search for Factories or factory. I found this one using "Factories Peerless" but the "N" factory isn't listed here. I could remembert Peerless was one of the factory names and hoped it would narrow down the search. Try Unsung as well, there might be another thread with Unsung and your "N" factory.

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3083

Have you tried >>> http://www.guitardaterproject.org/ <<< ?

If your query comes up blank, don't just leave the site. Scroll down. There is an area for you to enter what information you know. This allows them to know what information they lack or maybe it's a new factory. They will up date their database as they get new information. The owner of the site gathered a bunch of information from this and Gibson's site a few years ago.

Archived