Gibson Brands Forums

alley/wild kat info needed

kevin134

I have a shot at a Wild Kat that has been converted into a Alleykat I think(it has the mini hb and a reg hb both mounted in mini hb rings, but still has the screws from the dogear p90's). It does have the epi bigsby with the big E on it. It is the Turqoise color which is not one of my 1st choices in color and as such has no pickguard, looked like it came without one. So my question is: Is $280 a fair price for a used modded Kat? Thanks..

I have a shot at a Wild Kat that has been converted into a Alleykat I think(it has the mini hb and a reg hb both mounted in mini hb rings' date=' but still has the screws from the dogear p90's). It does have the epi bigsby with the big E on it. It is the Turqoise color which is not one of my 1st choices in color and as such has no pickguard, looked like it came without one. So my question is: Is $280 a fair price for a used modded Kat? Thanks..[/quote']

It seems fair to me. Both the WildKat and AlleyKat are nice guitars. Like you, I don't care for the turquoise. I would probably cough up the difference and get a new AlleyKat (cherry sunburst is my flavor).

Archived