Gibson Brands Forums

EPIPHONE POST ROCK / PROGRESSIVE ROCK / INDIE ROCK :: RELATED SUGGESTIONS FOR EQUIPMENT

JoeMTL

I just got a Epiphone Riviera 1970, heard some mixed comments about its quality. I would like to discuss if its an appropriate model for the type of music I listen to and if so what kind of equipment, amps, effects etc people can suggest.

or we can just exchange thoughts about POST ROCK if anybody else knows if Epi's like mine is used in some related bands!/// ;-p

Hi

I too play mainly indie type music (the national, the smiths, radiohead etc) and I use a Dot ,a G-400 and a Telecaster depending on the record. I like the sound I get from Orange amps and have seen many bands I enjoy using them Fender amps are great for that Alt rock sound too. As for effects if your a starter/learner you could do worse than checking out one of the digitech mutli effect processors, it lets you see what effects you enjoy using and can maybe later add individual pedals. Enjoy the new guitar

the riviera shows up a lot in bands of that type on shows like letterman and leno...

and overall the semi hollows seem to be a choice that's made often..

also the semi hollow has the ability to jangle - clean or really get gritty on into overdrive and still retain their distinctive sound..or warm and

jazzy

so I think you're good to go for sure.

I had a hot rod deluxe fender and if the price hadn't gone up so high on it, I'd recommend it. Big cleans.. drive and extra drive channels..

search out a good used one maybe..

a good used digitech rp7 would be really nice.. they're discontinued, but built like a tank.. and have a real 12AX7 tube in the preamp,..

simple to program, too..

all the effects are there, short of ring modulation stuff or other very off the wall things..

even the old rp3 by digitech is an unsung hero in my mind..

tWANG

Archived