Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera p93- Locktone bridge??? Grover's???

ChrisKevin

No, Chris...you are correct. The Riviera P-93LE's have the Epiphone equivilant/clone of Kluson tuners, and ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge.

Grover does make a "Kluson" like tuner, so I suppose it's possible the "e" version MIGHT be those, with different covers?

But, I doubt it, really. Whatever they are, mine at least, stay in tune very well (so far, anyway), and are tight and

smooth turning. Some folks here, have added Grover tuners themselves.

How do you like your P-93?

CB

I love the Riviera!!!!! Great tone and feel. It is the most lively of my guitars, so I have to adjust my amp setting quite a bit.

I am not perfectly happy with the clean sound as of yet.....I guess I am used to a less midrangy fendery type clean sound.

I know the clean sounds are there, I just have to do some polepiece adjustments, and learn the proper settings for my amp and guitar when I switch to it.

Yeah, it's a great guitar. Lot's of tonal possibilities. Don't know if you know, or have tried this...but

if you have all the control pots full on, and then roll the bottom back volume control pot (only) off...

(Takes the middle pickup out of the mix) you'll get a much brighter, and a bit louder (seemingly) "Clean" tone.

And, if all controls are on, including the back bottom volume, it has a kind of "Gretsch" sounding "roundness"

to it...for lack of a better description.

So...with all the "in-betweens" and other adjusments, there are a lot of interesting sounds.

Enjoy!

CB

Archived