Gibson Brands Forums

If The Shoe Fits....

Ron G

And that came as quite a surprise' date=' assuming those responses were serious. And didn't you ask yourselves why I was so familiar with this? OK, I don't have an official diagnosis but I'm familiar with some aspects of my psyche that apply. The differences I see between me and Greg is that I'm aware of my tendency to go "over the top" and be off-putting, so I slow down, take a few deep breaths, count to 10, etc., lest I "go off" and do something stupid and counter-productive. I don't always succeed. "Symptoms" are really a continuum, where most of us fall somewhere in the middle. It's the extremes that cause trouble. Self-awareness is the first order of business. As Dirty Harry said, "A man's gotta know his limitations".[/quote']

I think those qualities that were listed are probably the bad side effects of an over-acheiver (if that refers also to those who bite off more than they can chew). I would probably rather have those characteristics than the opposite of those characteristics, but a happy medium would be nice.

Either people like themselves and what they see themselves doing, or they try to crush everyone around them, make them feel so small, helpless and useless that by comparison the bully has to be better. Bullies come in all sizes, shapes, genders, religions, etc., and they all share that one character trait. Most of them, but not all, are physical cowards who think they have found a way to be protected (after all, you can't hit someone on the worldwide web, now can you?) while at the same time trying to pick out and emphasize those flaws in others that the cowardly bully sees in himself. Its the reason he knows them so well. Others are simply closet sadists.

I know, because I am a bully, just of a higher order. I only pick on bullies.

Geez;

Judge not lest ye . . . . forget that!

What did Siggy Freud say? Who's yo' daddy? No, nope, not that. I think it was "do you like yo mama".

What on earth does anyone care about what's said by strangers in an online guitar forum? If my wife or sons or family is p.o.'d or insulted, then I care. Strangers' comments? Could not possibly care less.

I have to question anyone's own mental stability if they feel they have to assess someone else’s on a forum.[-o<

Did I say I was mentally stable (whatever that is)? I wasn't questioning; merely observing.

If it walks like a duck........

Besides' date=' it's not about putting anybody down. I happen to share some of

the disdain that you and Greg have for the knee-jerk, baseless claims I see touted

here. But putting folks down is not going to educate them - and I believe that's your

real goal.

As for people thinking certain worthless things are special, remember that thousands of people actually [i']bought[/i] a Jeep Liberty.

Suddenly, I realize that it's not always the discussions about Epis that keeps me coming back here, it's the personality profiles and the arguements that are so interesting. This forum is much more interesting then the Fender tdpri.com forum...those guys never bite each other's heads off.

I always expect to see something interesting when I log in here. I really love it when we argue about guitar picks. And, strings, now there's something worth fighting about.

Seriously, playability and looks are what I look for in a guitar. I've had half a dozen brands and models over the years, some of which you may have never seen or heard of. Microfrets, "handmade" in Sepulveda (sp), CA in the late 60s was one. Mosrite was another. Then I discovered GIbson and Fender. In forum members, I look for technical knowledge and interesting discussions. Both of those are found in this forum.

BTW, the crazy guy yelling was great...

Suddenly' date=' I realize that it's not always the discussions about Epis that keeps me coming back here, it's the personality profiles and the arguements that are so interesting. This forum is much more interesting then the Fender tdpri.com forum...those guys never bite each other's heads off.

I always expect to see something interesting when I log in here. I really love it when we argue about guitar picks. And, strings, now there's something worth fighting about.

Seriously, playability and looks are what I look for in a guitar. I've had half a dozen brands and models over the years, some of which you may have never seen or heard of. Microfrets, "handmade" in Sepulveda (sp), CA in the late 60s was one. Mosrite was another. Then I discovered GIbson and Fender. In forum members, I look for technical knowledge and interesting discussions. Both of those are found in this forum.

BTW, the crazy guy yelling was great...[/quote']

He's a copycat. There was a guy who dressed like a clown and did that in Japan years ago. He did a better job too, having people dropping groceries, etc.

Archived