Gibson Brands Forums

MZONLINE.CO.UK *** Update ***

Ron G

Factory seconds have "2nd" stamped on the back of the headstock. Serial number remains intact because the guitar is still warranteed. MZONLINE sells fakes' date=' period. End of story. No exceptions. Debate is stupid.[/quote']

Guitars that are marked "2nd" or "Used" are not covered by the original warranty. That is the purpose behind the stamp; it keeps less than honest sellers from getting the instrument at a discount and then selling it as though it were covered by a warranty.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guitars that are marked "2nd" or "Used" are not covered by the original warranty. That is the purpose behind the stamp; it keeps less than honest sellers from getting the instrument at a discount and then selling it as though it were covered by a warranty.

WRONG!"used" are not covered but true factory seconds, marked "2nd" are. I own one which is a replacement from Gibson for the first one. They're often described as "B stock" by MF, et al.

WRONG!"used" are not covered but true factory seconds' date=' marked "2nd" are. I own one which is a replacement from Gibson for the first one. They're often described as "B stock" by MF, et al.[/quote']

I stand corrected. And thanks for the size 9 font, bold type, and exclamation mark...it really looks good. Is that how you hold conversations too? Would you be up in someone's face screaming "wrong" at them?

Would you be up in someone's face screaming "wrong" at them?

If need be:-" P.S. Have a sense of humor

I do tend to get somewhat irritated when bogus information is spewed. I posted this thread for the benefit of forum members after doing some "due diligence" regarding MZONLINE. Yet, despite the obvious evidence, some continue to debate the issue, trying to somehow justify their bad purchase. Oh well......

yeah thanks for this thread Ron, unfortunately I had put my order in before I found this forum, I had read the feedback left on google and it gave 4.3/5 so yes I was suckered in but as they say once bitten....., as I said in my earlier post if anyone has been stung by this company, in the UK contact consumer direct or trading standards even, they may be able to help and hopefully may even stop them trading, not sure if the credit card companies will give refunds if the guitars are proven to be counter feit? and if you live in southampton go and give them a call lol. That's where they are allegedly based.

Just trying to help if it's any use.

AWE SH*T.. i bought an Alpine White LP Custom from this eeeejit...

i knew it was too good to be true at £290... when DV247 sells them at £470.

when it arrived, the packaging looked legit, but i should have fallen in love with my new baby.... i DID NOT!!!

Upon inspection, i was not happy. the finish was not good, a couple of scuff marks and a ding on the 15 fret... also, i notice one of the machine heads looked a little skew.... i wrote to frank, who responded quickly.. see below.....

Hello

yes of course you can swap one if you want, however that you have not got this model is stock at the moment, we will have more coming next week, I will select the best one from our stock and send it to you.

Regards,

Frank

Customer Services Advisor

mzonline.co.uk

-----Original Message-----

To: Guitar Shop <mzonline-sl85nmbq059@checkout.google.com>

Date: 01/09/09 15:33

Subject: RE: Status request for order #847693967738963

hi

i received the guitar and she looks ok....

upon further inspection i noticed many imperfections

i know this is not a real les paul, hand made and all, but i already own a standard epiphone and she is finished to a much higher standard. not £1500 but a better overall finish that i seek from my guitars.

the 15th fret is damaged with a small ding.

the marks and scuff type marks are many. neck fitting area badly painted... eyes always drawn to it.. a few others

i am away til the 12 jan, and the guitar arrived last monday and i left on tues so have not had the chance to really look over the guitar but will send u a list as soon as i return

i wonder if this was on display or do all the guitars arrive like this.

perhaps i could ask that you select a good specimen after looking over a couple as i love my boring old STD. (the non venereal kind)

i did not fall in love with this baby and she is going to be my new wife...

hope u understand.

can we exchange please

thanks

jon

since this mail, i have tried to contact MZonline to get the address to send the git back for exchange, 10 mails sent, no reply,

I have now stumbled accross this thread while googling MZ for address......

WOW..... I MAY HAVE FAR HARKING FAKE!!!!!

the git is in a cupboard in london, all boxed up ready to go back, but i had to go away to Ibiza to record some stuff, so am unable to check against photos on http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/12286-fake-epiphone-thread.html

i will update when i am back in london....

=D>

PS i dont think frank is the bastardos real name, he not even engrish... note grammer in his mail.... eeeeeeejit!!!!

Most so-called "fakes" bodys/necks were actually made in the manufacturer's factory! That's right. Owners of "fakes" have bought a guitar made at the same factory as the "real ones." Those of you who are familiar with mass production factory procedures will know what I'm talking about.

Some quality control issue(s) kept the "fake" unit from being completed in the factory.

Companies sell off scrap units to recover some investment $$. Or an "enterprising" employee/foreman sneaks these units out the back door. Either way these units aren't destroyed. They are patched-over and/or outfitted with low cost electronics/hardware and sold.

My points being: fake is really a misnomer...

--- "factory reject" is a better description

--- it also explains why many "fakes" are difficult to identify --- and easy to sell as the real deal.

--- if/when manufacturers' in-house security and scrap unit disposal is 100%, "fakes" cease to exist.

Mass production tooling is just far too expensive for counterfeiters to buy, operate and still turn a profit -- and no one is going to make by hand a counterfeit mass-production item.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys you want to know if your epi is real?

check the back of the pick ups, the input jack, under the bridge, even the switch - they will all have epiphone engraved on them - if it doesnt its a fake.

Also Epiphone do not ship directly from china to customers, never have done, this is one of the first signs the guitar is a fake (the fakers are getting wise to this and state the guitar are shipped from other countries). The 'my cousin works in the factory and sneaks them out the back door' story is also a load of rubbish - if the numbers of guitars that appear on the net are sneaked out of hte back door then epiphone would notice in a second - theres no way a co this big would not notice a couple of 1000 guitars being sneaked out!!

Serial numbers are easily faked and are not to be taken as proof of authenticity. The guitar dater project is reliable, but the number on a guitar may nto be.

If you guys have paid by paypal try to claim your money back from them. I know at least one guy here is taking it a lot further - good luck with that hope you get your money back.

Archived