Gibson Brands Forums

American Epiphone

kh10string

I have what is left of an old American Epiphone (probably made in the early 60's). It needs a pickguard and pickups. It is the same kind of guitar as the Wilshire. If I'm not mistaken all of the Epiphone solid bodies were.

Is it possible to get parts for the current guitars (like the Wilshire) from Epiphone (or any other place). I'd like to put it back together and use it to record with. I have a small home studio that I'm putting together.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--Kevin Holmes

To the best of my recollection, (which is not that good any more). There were three guitars with that body design in the 60's. One was the Wilshire. There was also the Coronet and the Olympic. The Olympic was produced in two designs in the 60's. One was the same body as the Wilshire with single coil pickups. The name was also used on a Epiphone with a body much like the Gibson melody makers of that day. In any case, the pickguards are available on ebay for about $30.

Hope that gives you a start.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Thanks, Willy.

I'm gonna head over there. I'd like to make it whole. It's been a lotta years, but to my recollection it was a good playing guitar, when I used it regularly. I'm not sure what configuration it had originally, but I think the most recent was a rock guitar with DiMarzios.

I'm heading over to Ebay now.

--Kevin

Archived