Gibson Brands Forums

Epihone zephyr blues deluxe vs HELP??

sooners615

As far as I have seen them It's made in Korea (Peerless Korea Co., Ltd), laminated maple top, 3 P90 Pickups with black covers..I have seen it go for around 650 USD, well but that was a bit back, but

I have seen one in ebay for 2250 USD now i don't have much knowledge about this model but dose it sell for that much ?? bluesman345 has one of this similar model from what i remember .. i guess he'd be able to tell you more about it...Where is he ??

Not sure what you are asking about what it is. Its a big box Emperor or Broadyway sized guitar based upon a Gibson ES5 from the early 50s before they added humbuckers. I remember a shop in Mesa Arizona that had just taken in two arch topped Gibsons, an ES5 and a Byrdland. Both had either P90s or the earlier Alnico pickups with rectangular pole pieces. Sure wish I had gotten and then kept one of those!

Anyway, they have three volume knobs and one master tone. No switches, you blend in the amount of each pickup that you want. They have a laminated maple body with curly maple exterior. In looking on the Net for a vintage sunburst model, it was hard to find. Naturals were everywhere. Anyway, I found one on an Elderly ad:

40U-3821_body-front.jpg

40U-3821_front.jpg

Beautiful guitar but its crying for a Bigsby. :D

Trying to interpret the serial number my guess is that you have mistaken some of the letters for numbers. But my guess is that it was made by Peerless in 2001. Peerless now makes a very similar guitar under its own name but as a thinline.

Interestingly, Epiphone made an Emperor with three mini (NY) humbuckers in either a thinline or deep body archtop. The Emperor had a wider lower bout (the J-Lo of guitars) than the equivalent Gibsons. Epi chose to copy the Gibson profile.

As far as I have seen them It's made in Korea (Peerless Korea Co.' date=' Ltd), laminated maple top, 3 P90 Pickups with black covers..I have seen it go for around 650 USD, well but that was a bit back, but

I have seen one in ebay for 2250 USD now i don't have much knowledge about this model but dose it sell for that much ?? bluesman345 has one of this similar model from what i remember .. i guess he'd be able to tell you more about it...Where is he ?? [/quote']

Thankya, Thankya very much...I was just about to "leave the building". I have the receipt in my hand as I speak. In January 2007, I paid $940 Cdn. + tax to Long and McQuade and came home with this BEAUTIFUL guitar =D> . It looks very similar to a picture of a real 1949 Gibson ES-5 that I have hanging on my wall (taken from a Gibson calendar).

As you can see, I mounted a Bigsby B30 vibrato and replaced the gold knobs with black speed knobs. What used to be a master tone control below the cutout is now a 6 position pickup selector switch, complete with a black chickenhead knob. It gives you the standard "Strat"-type pup combinations as well as an out-of-phase setting (3 pup's on w/ middle wired out-of-phase) - total T-Bone!!! It now has no tone control, but my Boss GE-7 will more than make up for it. I made my own "Switchmaster", but it's MUCH nicer looking than the Gibson, IMHO!!!

It is also made by Peerless (s/n R05030346). I was VERY fortunate to get it, as it was out of production and one of only *FOUR* ZBD's in stock at L&M throughout Canada!

BTW, that Vintage Sunburst is to die for!!! That's ok - the flamed maple finish on mine almost looks quilted (it's kinda trippy to stare at - oh,oh - it feels like 1968 all over again...man, the colors...wow...) #-o

Thanx,

Frank.

Just as an FYI: There is a blonde ZEPHYR BLUES DELUXE and a HSC for sale on the FDP forum for $600 + shipping.

The photo looked pretty and I think it has a bigsby.

This guitar looks identical to mine - I see he put on the black speed knobs as well. The only noticable differences are: he appears to have kept the stock gold bridge and tuners - I installed chrome locking Grover tuners and a chrome Gotoh bridge; I put a black chickenhead knob on a 6-position pup switch - he has a black speed knob and maybe/maybe not kept the master tone control; I have a shiny steel(?) licensed Bigsby vibrato system - he has a gold-plated "after-market Bigsby talent lever" :-k (first time I've heard it called a "talent lever). It's a real looker...it appears to be SOLD! ](*,) Looks like a killer deal...

Model: ZEPHYR BLUES DELUXE VS

Number: roli0760

This is all the information I have... Can I get some info on this guitar... year' date=' est value... etc - thanks.[/quote']

OK, I've found what I was looking for. Just click on http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx for the Guitar Dater Project - it will tell you the year and plant when/where your guitar was manufactured. My ZBD (serial no. R05030346) was made in the Korean Peerless factory in March 2005, production no. 0346.

According to the Guitar Dater Project site, the number roli0760: "Serial number unrecognized":-s

I would suggest taking another look at the s/n and seeing if whatever follows the "r" (Peerless) are numbers. My s/n (R05030346) has 8 digits following the R. The number appears to reveal that 05=2005; 03=March; 0346=Production Number. Pretty straightforward. Give it a try and get back to us...

Frank

Archived