Gibson Brands Forums

Questions about a Zephyr Regent

burke

Hi everyone.

I just bought a new Zephyr Regent, and since this is my first Archtop style guitar, I have a few questions.

What is the string gauge on this guitar from the factory?

I am very happy with the sound and playability right off the self. Very little adjustment was needed. The current gauge seem to be just right.

How does one remove the little foam pad under the bridge? Do I need to? Does it matter?

Hi everyone.

I just bought a new Zephyr Regent' date=' and since this is my first Archtop style guitar, I have a few questions.

What is the string gauge on this guitar from the factory?

I am very happy with the sound and playability right off the self. Very little adjustment was needed. The current gauge seem to be just right.

How does one remove the little foam pad under the bridge? Do I need to? Does it matter?

[/quote']First measure exactly where the bridge is placed in relation to the end of the fretboard, both sides of the bridge, write this down, hopefully the factory has it set where it should be and you'll want to have that placement for future reference or you'll have to do some fiddiling and measuring to get the guitar intonated if you ever move the bridge.

Second, yes, remove the foam, loosen the strings a bit and be sure to put the bridge back where it was.

A simpler way to keep the right bridge position than measuring is to use 3 pieces of masking tape against the bridge base --- both sides and the length. You can then reposition the bridge exatly in its original spot and remove the tape with no damage to the guitar's finish.

Archived