Gibson Brands Forums

Is this an authentic Epiphone LP?

DEZZY

I have been thinking of purchasing a new electric for a few months now, and i have considered buying this Epiphone LP Custom.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Alpine-White_W0QQitemZ220341881269QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item220341881269&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Can anyone tell me if it is an authentic Epiphone LP Custom. As i am no professional when it comes to spotting those little things that can show it is a fake Epiphone. I only know this much about the guitar:

.That it is sent in Epi carton box

.Manufactured in Qingdao, China

.Professionally set up

.Not stamped 2nd or used

.07 model (EE07)

Honestly I wouldn't have bought any guitars from this guy cause you are not getting the same guitar on the picture.I have seen the same Guitar used for lots of auctions..so you don't even know if you're getting the same guitar as shown..they are very very cheap, considering the price rise. I strongly suggest you to get it from a dealer that way you know you are at the safe side..don't take a risk..

Honestly I wouldn't have bought any guitars from this guy cause you are not getting the same guitar on the picture.I have seen the same Guitar used for lots of auctions..so you don't even know if you're getting the same guitar as shown..they are very very cheap' date=' considering the price rise. I strongly suggest you to get it from a dealer that way you know you are at the safe side..don't take a risk..[/quote']

Should i ask if local pickup is avaliable maybe that will prove if he actually posseses the guitar.

If you carefully read all of the text in the ad' date=' you'll see a number of instances that reek heavily of bad translation to English. I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial 10 foot pole.[/quote']

Yeh good point.

If you carefully read all of the text in the ad' date=' you'll see a number of instances that reek heavily of bad translation to English. I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial 10 foot pole.[/quote']

I think this guy is sending Guitars direct form China..he cannot write English properly and he is going to ship this via EMS one of china's courier company...don't buy it...

ya go a head ask him.. but I doubt he'd say yes..he might say yes after he sees you are from Aus..but I don't really trust that guy..better pay a bit more and get an authentic one...

I sort of live around the Liverpool area in NSW and the closest stores are Anthonys and Bavas music store, If i had the time i would go to Gallans, Allans or the guitar factory in parramatta, also im not sure if BillyHyde sell Epiphones as there website doesnt list any. What store wpuld you recommend if l were to purchase from an authorised dealer. i.e (Where are the best deals)

I sort of live around the Liverpool area in NSW and the closest stores are Anthonys and Bavas music store' date=' If i had the time i would go to Gallans, Allans or the guitar factory in parramatta, also im not sure if BillyHyde sell Epiphones as there website doesnt list any. What store wpuld you recommend if l were to purchase from an authorised dealer. i.e (Where are the best deals)[/quote']

Allans anytime buddy.. Allans can give you the best value...Billy Hyde does sell Epiphones but they are not authorized dealers of Epiphones, but they sell Authentic Epiphone for sure.. I got mine from Billy Hyde too..so here is my story on why I bought it from Billy Hyde..

How I Got My EPI Standard

Once upon a time, I happen to go to Allans and they told me they'd give me a Standard Plus for about AU $600, then I went to our local Derringers Music and told them that Allans were giving me for 570...but they said no it can't be true, so I went to Billy Hyde and said Allans are willing to give it to me for $550 they said that they'd match the price and to top it off gave me a Gigbag and a Strap worth about $70...well for some reason the barcode on my guitar showed plain instead of plus on the computer so they thought it wasn't a bad deal...Then I came home and lived happily ever after with my Epi Lp Std Plus...

Bavas are way expensive man...and I hate their customer Service..they are the most rude people on earth...but hey Allans or Billy Hyde could be a better choice..Allans are Authorized dealers and they do have better deals than Billy Hyde and are fairly cheap than any other stores..but if you can bargain like I did.. hehe.. probably you'll get it cheaper..

Archived