Gibson Brands Forums

New guy on the block

Epiguy

Hey Guys:

I played pro on the road for years and now work locally in the midwest. I play a beautiful Les Paul Standard, plus top heritage cherry. I get lots of compliments on the sound and look and enjoy it as much as my old 75 Les Paul Custom that I owned as a teenager.

Today I picked up an old Epi Nighthawk made in Korea with the Gibson truss rod plate on the headstock. Makes an incredible slide guitar for delta blues! My bass is a Squire Jazz that plays rather well and I also use a Variax electric for different sounds. My dobro is an off brand and I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Roland keys and a Pearl acoustic kit as well as a Roland V-kit for drums.

I'm using a pair of Princeton 65 amps on stage and have a garage full of PA and lighting to show for a major case of G.A.S.

The Nighthawk is a triple pickup and the serial number is S5020632. She's tomato red with dot inlay on the fretboard. Any idea on the model and year?

Thanks,

Thanks guys! I'll post some pictures of the Epi's soon! I have an Explorer coming and have been lusting after a Sheraton II at the shop. Think I'll stop at the Explorer as I've thinned the herd already selling off a few others.

Archived