Gibson Brands Forums

Goin to Tampa and leaving with a Les Paul.......

ricmon99

Coming down to the Tampa Bay area for the super bowl and a visit to Shrine HQ ..........while I'm there I will be looking to pick up a Epi Les Paul, preferably a natural, or toracco burst may consider a Heritage.........anyone in the area selling or recommend a store, new or used is fine, I have the time to hang around and inspect........

Will be bringing a set of Grover tuners I bought on line from a dummy, that didn't know what he was talking about, will sell for what I paid........always beware when buying on line!!!:^o

hey elf I've got time to kill so I was gonna wander around some seconds stores and pawn shops and look around the the corners never know what treasures you can come up with..........because I'm out of the country long enough I will be able to bring it back to Toronto on the plane so no duty, and no freight.........if the shuttle was going up I would have popped over to your side to have a look at that shot.......thanx I'll keep these spots in mind.......

I check a lot of pawn shops and half-decent guitars are pretty rare. You'll see tons of Squire strats and cheapo acoustics, maybe an occasional Epi or ESP/LTD or something. I do sometimes see good amp prices or maybe a nice pedal cheap. It depends a lot on the area. Look for Cash America or EZ Pawn shops. If you want to buy always haggle on the prices...they'll come down at least 10-20% without batting an eye.

I luv them pawn shops, next best thing to a Mexican flea market in Cozumel, when they see senor mooostachio coming they close up there stalls and break out the cervaza, there not going to make much so they might as well just have a good time.........

Slightly off-topic' date=' but your title sounds like a great title for a blues song[/quote']

Kind of a "Where am I gonna live when I get home" type song. Maybe this one would be "She kicked me out (but I grabbed the Les Paul just before the door slammed)"

Or, "I'm leaving, with the Les Paul, don't know when I'll be home again"

Kind of a "Where am I gonna live when I get home" type song. Maybe this one would be "She kicked me out (but I grabbed the Les Paul just before the door slammed)"

Or' date=' "I'm leaving, with the Les Paul, don't know when I'll be home again"[/quote']

Good enough. I was actually thinking of an old Blind Blake song along the lines of "Going Back to Tampa" or some such.

Archived