Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Help

Hi i have a F*nder Frontman 212r amplifier, and i would like a little bit of help with setting it up. I am used to playing with a multi effect pedal, and I am not to good at setting up eq's.

I really want a nice metal distortion that isn't muddy, as of right now i have lows at 10 mids at 5 and highs at 4. I have the top 3 strings (E,A, and D) down nice and bassy but still clear but my next three (A,D, and G) are way too trebly for my taste, if you could help me at all that would be great thanks guys

A scoop's a scoop, and you need that scoopy EQ to get into the metal zone, right? Fortunately, some guitars also come equipped with tone knobs, and they actually come in real handy for softening the icepicks in the ear. Try 'em sometime! Works for me! :(

Gil....

You could try setting up your pick ups a little lower on the high strings [What type of guitar? ] Maybe roll off the volume alittle .As for Multi effects pedal they tend to icepick out the signal a bit .Frontman amps are made on the bright side anyways.Does it have effects loop? If it does check out ADA MP-1 preamp /Paul Gilbert 80's shred even the stock units kick $#@. If you are going to use anything in front dump the multi,and get a single distortion pedal like Tube Screamer or Boss Blues driver .Also Gill is right roll off the tone controll on the guitar

Archived