Gibson Brands Forums

Headstock Stickers

IntelligentAl

I actually posted this on another thread a while ago, but there was a pretty heated discussion going on at the time so it got overlooked.

Anyway, if an Epiphone (Les Paul) was bought from an authorised dealer in the UK, which stickers should it have on the headstock?

The guitar in question is my Quindao '07 Les Paul Studio. It just always puzzled me why mine had less stickers on the back of the headstock than others that I had seen on this forum. Is a UK bought LP supposed to have the sticker that says '100% inspected and set up in the USA by E', or am I being stupid? Mine has 'Hand-Crafted in China' and 'Inspection Card QC' stickers on it. Is it supposed to have more?

I am not really in the know on this subject, and I always presumed that others had the 'Set up in the USA' stickers because they were bought in America, but maybe someone can enlighten me a bit more. Thanks in advance!

So does that mean that if an Epiphone (from anywhere, it would seem) does not have the set up in the USA sticker, then something is not right?

Just to clarify, I have no doubts as to my LPs authenticity. I bought it from Soundslive which, as far as I know, is a registered Epi dealer. It just seems odd that (if it is supposed to) it does not have the correct stickers. Does anybody else have a UK bought Epi without the set up in the USA sticker?

So does that mean that if an Epiphone (from anywhere' date=' it would seem) does not have the set up in the USA sticker, then something is not right?

Just to clarify, I have no doubts as to my LPs authenticity. I bought it from Soundslive which, as far as I know, is a registered Epi dealer. It just seems odd that (if it is supposed to) it does not have the correct stickers. Does anybody else have a UK bought Epi without the set up in the USA sticker?[/quote']

To me the sticker is just a selling point. Why make a guitar in Korea, send it to the USA for a set up and

then ship it to Europe? Makes no sense to me.

Maybe they use these stickers only on high-end models?

Lucille is my first Epi with such a sticker. 2 LP standards, 2 Sheraton's and a Wildkat i once owned came

without the ''set up in USA'' sticker.

Peter

Archived