Gibson Brands Forums

Aj500RC 12 fret

johnfgraham

Seems that there's not much information as to why the model was discontinued. But I'm

curious if anyone might know how many of these guitars were made before the project was abandoned?

John

I've never known Epiphone to release production numbers, so we'll probably never know (at least not until those production numbers have no meaning anymore to a contemperous competitor, and some historian publishes them). It's a shame the AJ500RC is discontinued; it's fantastic. I'm really enjoying mine.

Red 333

Thanks Red' date='

Must not be many out there, can't seem to find one new or used.

john[/quote']

re: used--I think you'll have trouble finding these for a while. Those of us who have 'em are probably going to hang onto them for quite some time. Alng with the joy of playing them, their rarity may bring along some serious collector cache in years to come.

You can buy a "brand new" Epi AJ500RC 12 fret at Marc Silber Music. I almost bought it a week or so ago........ it may still be listed as "hold" on the website, but it's available for sale now. Marc's website is http://www.marcsilbermusic.com Click on "inventory" then "secondhand instruments" then "steel string guitars".

The guitar is listed under "secondhand" instruments........but it's brand new, never been owned by anyone. Marc has had it in his inventory over 6 months now, but he hasn't been trying real hard to sell it. The serial number is, 050802. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the last "brand new" one available anywhere in the world. He tells me it is a good example of this model. I think his price is $650.

done ... thanks

j

WAY COOL :- !!

Welcome to AJ500RC ownership/fellowship. I have yet to communicate with an AJ500RC owner who didn't just have rave reviews of it. I sincerely hope you'll post your impressions here, as well as photos, once you receive yours.

Congratulations, John! Isn't the internet SO COOL! I scored a 2005 model Takamine Limited Edition, the one with the cattail inlay on the soundboard, this way--posted a WTB thread on the Takamine guitar forum and 2 days later a dealer in Washington state replied, he still had a NOS unit and wanted a reasonable price for it. Without the internet, who knows what might have happened to these "discontinued" pieces.

One very happy for you.....

Dugly =;

Archived