Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone ever heard of Guitar Fetish?

animalfarm

Intellivised' date=' please copy your original email, with GFS' response. I'd be interested in the actual exchange.[/quote']

I trashed it, I think. It's lost somewhere in my gmail matrix; I'm not much of an e-mail saver/electronic sentimentalist; I deal with 1000's of messages a week and found my stress level is way lower when the inbox and saved messages are below 200. I back up key messages not ornery letters from parts stores.

I can give you the basics - it came down to a nut and trem question for a Kramer I have. I want to replace them but wasn't sure what I actually needed. I wrote in and asked what came down to: 'hey what part do I need, I'm kind of new at this and with this guitar'. The response was 'I don't know enough about your guitar.' So far, so good - I would rather not get the wrong information. I sent a link along that had the product information that broke down everything way better than I could and was blasted for sending it. It was a link straight from Kramer from what I remember.

My opinion is: If you are going to operate an e-commerce site you better get used to the idea of clicking links. Whatever. Some people play it safe/are still afraid of the internet. I would have tried to understand if GFS's tone wouldn't have been so flat out rude! I click client links all day and do tons of research... to get our clients acceptable and correct answers. Different folks, different attitudes; I deal with folks all the time whose attitudes are different. I've seen it. The tone of this particular e-mail was the main offender - I was pretty much chastised for sending a link. A simple and polite 'I'm sorry, but we have a policy in place to protect our....' would have been way better than the response I got.

I'm not the parts expert, GFS is and they didn't offer ANY guidance to help me help them - if that makes sense.

So I wrote Stew-Mac. They took a while (6 hours?) to respond. They checked the link I sent, sent me a really long e-mail full of relevant information and quick and dirty instructions on how to measure my guitar to help them with figuring out what I needed.

I could make the argument that if GFS's e-mail burden is so great and complaints/concerns seem to be geared towards their responses wouldn't a slightly slower response time be acceptable if it offered a more conciliatory customer service tone? Reputations take years to build and seconds to destroy. Why not take on an intern or part time help to work with customer service.

Sorry to hear that. I have NEVER had a rude email response from Jay. He is to the point' date=' and oftentimes that point is not expounded on. Sometimes a response may sound rude, although that wasn't the intent. I have had to return one item and had no problems with Jay. Sure there are many other places to go to, but I will be back, I'm a satisfied customer.

I have GFS pickups in several guitars, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Much better than the stock Epi pickups.[/quote']

GFS lost its chance, sorry to say.

As far as pick-ups go, I'm going with Bill Lawrence for my bridge. I called (they had a phone #!) and had the chance to talk directly to Bill's wife, Becky. She was great and answered every question I had. I wouldn't want to buy pick-ups from GFS for the same reason that I am choosing not to shop there for a nut or trem and now pots, caps, jacks and switches. I don't feel like my product questions will be answered politely or expounded upon with relevant information. I actually don't doubt that I would be 'satisfied' if I bought parts from GFS. I really don't. I am saying I'd rather go somewhere else that goes a little further and is a little more accommodating for the same things I could get at GFS.

I'd also like to add in all fairness that I don't have an axe to grind, I'm not out to get anybody. I deal with customer service every day and it's takes up a lot of my 9-5 mental real estate. I don't want to shoot down the reputation of a company needlessly - especially in this economy. We all seem to be in a general agreement that GFS's responses are short, and the one I got was rude and in my book unacceptable. I'd like to stress the "my" part.

What is OK for me should be taken into consideration with everybody else's viewpoint; I have very little tolerance for rudeness. Time and money are finite resources and I'm not going to use them up on stores that are out performed in areas that matter to me by other retail outlets. I walk out of line and go to other restaurants if I don't like what I see going on; I'll completely write off a store for the rest of my life if I have one or two negative experiences. It takes a lot to get me back.

animalfarm is your name a Reference to the novel/play written by George Orwell?

Yes, it is!!! (short, brief response, rude , rude...) Not many folks aware of the vielded reference.

I need to find pictures of walking pigs for my avator (2nd vielded reference). If one has read the book,

they'll know I mean...

Archived