Gibson Brands Forums

Real or Fake? 2000 Epi Les Paul Limited Edition. (Please be real!) :(

DiveBomb

I recently purchased an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Limited Edition made in Saien in 2000 (according to Serial #).

I've looked everywhere on the net for the past 3 weeks for a similar guitar but have had no luck.

The only guitar that comes remotely close is the 2005 Mirror Pickguard ltd. edition.

This epi plays and feels like a real one, and the mother of pearl inlays have a beautiful vibrant purple, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

I found out that grovers weren't put on epi's until 2003 or something like that, and I'm suspecting these are Jin Ho Chrome tuplip tuners. No "E" or any writing on it. Either than that I'm absolutlely clueless about everything else.

I'm sorry for these crappy pictures with my webcam, but it's all I got.

I hope someone out there can give me some info/confirmation.

Also, any idea as to what pickups are in here??

Thank You all for reading this.

Anthony

http://s566.photobucket.com/albums/ss103/DiveBomb_2009/

DiveBomb,

It looks legit to me, if it feels good and plays good and sound good, I'd say you got a real Epi.

Another thing is some of the limited runs won't show up on searches because they are a limited edition runs for a special Music store or company.

Something to consider, if you look close enough even one bought from an Epi dealer you can have little differences that can cause a bit of worry. They can't all be identical to each other...no human or machine can be that good to cookie cutter punch out one after another just alike in everyway.

I don't know where you are, but it seems most of the fake/copies seems to show up more in the European market.

Capt

Archived