Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone BB King Lucille

slasher1319

A former teacher I tried to understand jazz with a few years back had one. Actually, we keep in touch-he still has it. I played it a few times and thought it was very nice. Felt great in my hands-he also had it set up impeccably. I didn't care for the pickups...they sound good-not bad-but when we had lessons and I'd bring my Tele rigged w/ 2 uncovered Duncan '59 classics, you could definitely tell the difference in output and clarity. BUT-this guy being a jazzer-he was very happy with the mellowness of the pickups compared to mine-it worked just fine for him. Me, I'd get 'em changed out. But overall, that one was a good guitar.

Hi slasher' date='

IMO, it is a really good value.

If you can feel or hear the difference and if you have the money (Epi x 4) maybe go for the other headstock.

I don't go.

Peter[/quote'] Well, i'd love to go for the gibson model, however i dont see that happening any time soon, so the epi it is. Have you had any problems in terms of pickups, electronics, hardware, finish any problems at all? Thanks a lot

Hi slasher' date='

IMO, it is a really good value.

If you can feel or hear the difference and if you have the money (Epi x 4) maybe go for the other headstock.

I don't go.

Peter[/quote'] Well, i'd love to go for the gibson model, however i dont see that happening any time soon, so the epi it is. Have you had any problems in terms of pickups, electronics, hardware, finish any problems at all? Thanks a lot

Archived