Gibson Brands Forums

A note of interest - John Lennon, Yoko Ono, The Interview - 1980

BSAKing

In past I have seen a number of threads here related to the Beatles. A lot of us are (still) Beatles fans, since we are mostly all guitar aficionados here and they really did help change the world....

In my wanderings, I ran across this interesting item and I thought folks here may be interested in it. I personally had not seen it before. It is in audio book format.

I hope this is not a breach of etiquette that will get me in trouble with the mods, but here is a link to a blog site that has a bit more information on it if anyone is interested. If it is a no-no for some reason, my apologies in advance. ](*,)

BSA

-----------------------------------

John Lennon, Yoko Ono, The Interview - 1980

Forty-eight hours before he was murdered, John Lennon and his wife, Yoko Ono, taped a three hour interview with Andy Peebles in New York for BBC Radio One. This is the verbatim transcript of that memorable occasion.

It was the first time for over five years that John had agreed to face a radio microphone. What was expected to be a routine half-hour chat about his and Yoko's latest LP, Double Fantasy, turned magically into a long, deep and candid discussion about his life and work.

John Lennon talked about The Beatles, the break-up, his first meeting with Yoko, feminism, heroin, drink, music-making, songwriting, his feelings for the past and his hopes for the future.

http://audiobooks-download.blogspot.com/2009/02/john-lennon-yoko-ono-interview-1980.html

Archived