Gibson Brands Forums

Is this serial number fake?

mindstealer

That's an unusual Serial Number, I guess you should post some pics...

Is that Serial on a sticker at the back of the headstock ? (If so then it's not a Serial) or is it engraved at the back of the headstock !!

Well the guitar Dater says it was made in a factory thats not yet in their data base..So I guess you should post some Pictures and we'll try and find out if it's fake.. Where did you buy it from !!

The serial is neither on a sticker nor is it engraved. It appears to be imprinted on the clear coat on the back of the neck. I purchased from a seller on Craigslist. I will post up some pics in just a minute. I will take some real quick and post them.

Sure take your time !! I wanted to say imprinted though !! but it's really unusual..It was made in the year 2000 and the Guitar dater still doesn't recognize it..

Make sure to take snaps of the Headstock ( Front and back ), the full Body (Straight) so that we can check the Headstock's logo and the Knobs alignment and some other bits and pieces !!

LOL... well, when you give it back to the guy, tell him I'll give him a hundred bucks for it. And he pays to ship it.

How does it play, does it feel and sound decent at least? It can't be but so horrible, I'm sure you played it before you paid for it, no? Pretty scary how good some of these fakes are getting. Maybe Epi could get around the QC issues they're having by just hiring on the guys making the fakes, LOL... with access to the proper materials and blueprints, they could probably make a better guitar! =D>

Archived