Gibson Brands Forums

im thinking of buying a AJ-100 VS

twodice

are they any good? anyone got pics of theirs?

its just for playing about with really' date=' all my electrics are semi-hollows and i was looking for an acoustic.

Ross[/quote']

If you don't mind the laminated top. Hopefully you'll have a chance to play a couple of them unless you're buying used or online. From what I've heard and read in other acoustic forums, for laminated tops, , the lower end Yamahas sound and play the best.

The Epi AJ200s is a solid top. They're a step up in price from the AJ100 at about $199.

yeh suppose' date=' but u can only get that in natural, looking for the VS finish.[/quote']

I had an AJ-200S in VS and it was a fantastic guitar for $225. I would definitely look at the 200 over anything else in that price range. If you're so interested in the sunburst finish, and are considering a 100 over a 200 then maybe you could check some online retailers who would probably have the VS in stock.

I had an AJ-200S in VS and it was a fantastic guitar for $225. I would definitely look at the 200 over anything else in that price range. If you're so interested in the sunburst finish' date=' and are considering a 100 over a 200 then maybe you could check some online retailers who would probably have the VS in stock. [/quote']

yeh thanks, i found a website that still had the AJ-200S in VS, so i bought that, £149, so not bad, should be here in a few days!

Archived