Gibson Brands Forums

G400 Pickguard

a7xfan1014

Does anyone know where i can get a custom pickguard for a good price for my G400??

"And now for something COMPLETELY different..."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200319118114&category=41424&_trksid=p2773.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D40%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54

2204_3.jpg

226a_3.jpg

Almost forgot - click on the ebay link, go to "view seller's other items" -

This person also makes Gibson & Epiphone Les Paul Pickguards, out

of Aluminum or Brass, and truss rod covers (engraved) out of

Aluminum or Brass...

Oh excellent. That is exactly what I need for my SG Special mod. Thanks for the link =P~

Well????? Been waiting to hear what your plans are. Might want to steal your ideas (heh,heh....).

Got before/during/present-state pix?

ever heard of "terrapin guitars"?

Yup. They have a wide selection of styles and materials, turn around is fast, and they actually respond to emails. =P~ You might want to double check the dimensions of the pickguard (the screw holes in particular) to make sure they match the pattern they have (or you could send them yours as a sample/template). One of the screw-holes on the one they sent me was a little off from mine, but it didn't matter to me as the guard covered the old hole anyway (and I have NO plans to ever sell the guitar - it was my first electric,).

I just finished replacing the tuning knobs on it with dice (did it myself), so I'll take some pictures of the finished product tomorrow and post them.

Matt

Well????? Been waiting to hear what your plans are. Might want to steal your ideas (heh' date='heh....).

Got before/during/present-state pix?[/quote']

I'm still working on the plans at the moment, I'll make a thread about it soon when I come to a conclusion. And it involves a custom-carved top. Even then I need to wait for the right guitar to come up :3 I'll definitely be posting a work log though.

Animalfarm, that's got a nice look, been watchin' those myself...guy's in Germany isn't he? How long

was the wait on it? Glad you put that pic up can tell a lot more about it in your shot. Does it have a

bevel? If so how pronounced is it compared to the plastic stocker? Have you hung a pick in it? What's

the material it's made out of?

Wedgie

Animalfarm' date=' that's got a nice look, been watchin' those myself...guy's in Germany isn't he? How long

was the wait on it? Glad you put that pic up can tell a lot more about it in your shot. Does it have a

bevel? If so how pronounced is it compared to the plastic stocker? Have you hung a pick in it? What's

the material it's made out of?

Wedgie[/quote']

In previous post with pix I put ebay link above pix, click on it look thru super size images,

should answer your questions. Material is either aluminum (pewter-look) or Brass (shiny look),

shipping varies 3 - 28 days, look thru all pix, sellers other items, etc.

HEY, TWANG!!!!! Is this something you could reproduce locally (in USA)?

Archived