Gibson Brands Forums

Can a Gibson USA bridge be used on a Epiphone Les Paul???

Hello,

I have a 1996 Korean Epiphone Les Paul and I was wondering if a Gibson bridge can be used in place of the Epiphone bridge if the studs are changed. I noticed that the Gibson bridge is slightly different, mostly it appears to be wider and it looks like it uses a different stud.

If anyone has experimented with this or knows of any other high quality items out there, let me know pls. I love the sound of it, especially compared to the twangy strats I've been using all of my life, but I just like to maximize tone and sustain if its at all possible.

Thanks

Hello' date='

I have a 1996 Korean Epiphone Les Paul and I was wondering if a Gibson bridge can be used in place of the Epiphone bridge if the studs are changed. I noticed that the Gibson bridge is slightly different, mostly it appears to be wider and it looks like it uses a different stud.

If anyone has experimented with this or knows of any other high quality items out there, let me know pls. I love the sound of it, especially compared to the twangy strats I've been using all of my life, but I just like to maximize tone and sustain if its at all possible.

Thanks[/quote']

I would suggest buying a Gotoh bridge, extremely good quality, reasonable price (around $20), no modification to your guitar. They're used on a lot of high quality guitars like Gretsch and Guild. Or if you want to spend a lot of money, you could get a TonePro bridge that locks on to the studs, which I believe are made by Gotoh. Here's a link.

Archived