Gibson Brands Forums

Balancing the guitar

willie

My two Epiphones--an ES 175 and a 90's Sheraton--are both neck-heavy, and are uncomfortable to play when standing. Without having my left hand on the neck, they want to 'rotate' so that the neck hangs down. Always have to 'balance' them with my hand, and that intereferes with picking. How do you guys deal with that? (A strap with more 'grip' might work; you folks may have better ideas.) Thanks.

willie

My two Epiphones--an ES 175 and a 90's Sheraton--are both neck-heavy' date=' and are uncomfortable to play when standing. Without having my left hand on the neck, they want to 'rotate' so that the neck hangs down. Always have to 'balance' them with my hand, and that intereferes with picking. How do you guys deal with that? (A strap with more 'grip' might work; you folks may have better ideas.) Thanks.

willie [/quote']

I use a good wide strap, never noticed a problem so you may have answered your own question. Other than that, you could put a Bigsby on them!!! That should add some weight to the body!!!

I used to have a neck heavy guitar before, and I used a normal strap from Levys. I used to push down the guitar against myself with my right hand , and have a strong grip on the fretboard with my left hand. It's something you get used to do.

Archived