Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt Neck Profile

smokeydusky

No. The D & most AJ models (Dreadnought, square and round-shouldered, respectively) have a 1.68 nut, while the EF (smaller-bodied, roughly analogous to Martin OOO or OM) and the now-discontinued AJ500RC have 1.75. This last also has a modified V-shaped neck, as (I think) does some of the EF models. The EF500RCCE, though, has a thin C neck, which I believe the other dreadnoughts also have.

All of you out there, please correct me if I'm erring, on this, anyway. Leave my personal life out of it.

No. The D & most AJ models (Dreadnought' date=' square and round-shouldered, respectively) have a 1.68 nut, while the EF (smaller-bodied, roughly analogous to Martin OOO or OM) and the now-discontinued AJ500RC have 1.75. This last also has a modified V-shaped neck, as (I think) does some of the EF models. The EF500RCCE, though, has a thin C neck, which I believe the other dreadnoughts also have.

All of you out there, please correct me if I'm erring, on this, anyway. Leave my personal life out of it. [/quote']

Thanks. So all of the D and AJ models have the same neck profile?

Thanks. So all of the D and AJ models have the same neck profile?

Can't say for absolute certain, but I believe that is the case--a classic, standard C-shaped neck. The exception would be the now-discontinued AJ500RC; otherwise, I believe they are the same.

If someone has other info, please add. Likewise, if someone can absolutely verify, 'twould be good, too.

AHA! Just checked the specs via the Epi catalogue (hope it's accurate!). According to this, my data is correct!

Archived