Gibson Brands Forums

Mini humbucker wires

Swoop

I'm about to fit some new pots and switch to my Firebird. I've drawn up my wiring diagram in full size. I'm using this diagram to tell me where to solder the wires, and drawing it up in full scale for the Firebird.

3hbdiagram.jpg?t=1254095186

However, this is for two conductor pickups. My Firebird mini humbuckers have 3 wires, the silver shielded one, a red one, and a white one. Which one is the one I will solder to the middle prong on the pot as the diagram says? And what do I do with the other one?

Any ideas?

However' date=' this is for two conductor pickups. My Firebird mini humbuckers have 3 wires, the silver shielded one, a red one, and a white one. Which one is the one I will solder to the middle prong on the pot as the diagram says? And what do I do with the other one?

[/quote']

Tie the silver shield together with the PU-groundwire. Whether you use red as the hot/lead and white as the groundwire or the other way round, is really uncircumstantial as long as you apply it to all pickups.

Great. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I was going to get started today, but ended up shielding a mate's Strat instead, setting it up all nice, and jamming pretty much all afternoon. Good times.

Hopefully the rewire goes well this time!

Archived