Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone SR50 and ST60 pickups (Elitist);

antwhi2001

What can anyone tell me about these? On the basis of the good things folks here say about Elitists I just bought a pair on e-bay. paid £67

I'd be curious to know what I'm getting - they haven't arrived yet. I believe they are USA manufacture and similar to Gibson 57s, so I'm expecting alnico 2 magnets, and output of around 8k and 10k.....anyone know?

Thanks

What can anyone tell me about these? On the basis of the good things folks here say about Elitists I just bought a pair on e-bay. paid £67

I'd be curious to know what I'm getting - they haven't arrived yet. I believe they are USA manufacture and similar to Gibson 57s' date=' so I'm expecting alnico 2 magnets, and output of around 8k and 10k.....anyone know?

Thanks [/quote']

antwhi2001,

According to Epi Specs: The 50SR is US made by Gibson, It's the stock neck PU for the Elitist Std. LP. It's an Alnico-V and 8.5K

The 60ST, also made by Gibson, is the stock bridge PU for the Eltist Std. LP. It's also Alnico-V and 13.8K

Faded...

I got these at the weekend. I've been having feedback probs with my Gibson V, so I put them in that for a starter. Pup swaps on Vs are relatively quick and easy because they're scratchplate mounted.

Verdict? Superb, absolutely undistinguishable from Burstbucker Pros. I'm leaving them on the V permanently.

Am I the first person here to retro fit Epi pups to a Gibson??

Guest icantbuyafender

lol you probably are the first.

Ive heard RAVE reviews on elitest pups... people just wont change them out.

Glad you like them!

Archived