Gibson Brands Forums

FT-150BL Posting photos

marbleheader

I bought this blonde, made in Japan Epiphone guitar new about 25 years ago or so....any idea of its current value? I heard they were somewhat rare? It is in great shape. I put new strings on it today and took these photos while I was changing the strings. Thank you kindly!

I am not sure about them being rare they were made between 72 and 80, jumbo style with adjustable necks and can garner say between $140-250 in excellent shape. Nice guitar that was meant to be played and with new strings on her I am sure she is happier then a pig dipped in ( well you know ) serial number didn't help in dating it any better for me, but she sure is pretty.Ship

Thanks Ship, I appreciate the info! I just put Elixers on for the first time, she sounds bright (but was always kind of bright anyway), the action has always been nice and low without buzzing, the strings have always been a little tight for me as I do a lot of bends in my playing and she is not easy to bend...but I am spoiled because my main guitar is a strat which is a breeze to play...I always felt she does have a nice fast neck....if I could somehow make the strings a little looser (with tuning down) I would really love it! Be well!

Nice score marbleheader. I'd say $150.00 is right in there. The blue label would put it in early to mid 70's. I've never seen a white neck plate, but there's a first time for everything. They probably used the white ones on light colored backs.

Have you checked the neck block. Unfortunately, the blue label means it could be susceptible to the neck block breaking loose.

Is it the lighting or did someone varnish the inside, back (around label)?

Thank you for the info Tommy.....no varnish on the inside, must be the lighting of the photo.....and no neck issues as the action is very low and intonation perfect. As for the date, I bought it brand new in about 1980 to 82 from a local music store with all tags, etc so if was made in the mid 70's it must have been very old stock!

Archived