Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Xtreme.

Gary1981

I have one of these guitars, had it for years actually and I've decided to sell it on. I'm not sure how much they're worth now though, I did some searching and I found a link to this website. Apparently there was an article (it's gone now) saying that although they weren't expensive to buy when they were first made, they've gone up in value quite a bit. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Mines is a black and white crackle finish and still in mint condition. I did change the bridge pick up for a Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck edition though. The link provided below isn't actually my guitar, I haven't gotten round to getting pics done of mine yet, but this one looks the same pretty much. I'm providing it just for a visual reference so you know exactly which guitar I'm talking about.

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-6820-Epiphone-Nuclear-extreme-les-paul-guitar

Any information is very much appreciated :)

Seems like the used market is not bringing what it did a few months back, (or even a few minutes ago), but from what I recall seeing on EBAY these were always a fairly hot item. Color combination didn't seem to have much bearing on 'em either but IF I'm not mistaken some were produced with more the current headstock. Back when I kinda followed 'em they seemed to fetch near $400. but today, I'd guess $300.ish would be considered a Home Run. Really amazes me that even super-nice used guitars have taken such a fall when compared to current price-increased China offerings that are available now. Good Luck if you opt to turn it loose, I hope somebody fights over it and you do exceptionally well.

Wedgie

Hmmm...For that price I think I would be as well just keeping it. It was a reluctant sale anyways and selling it on for $300-$400 would be madness because it really is a nicely put together piece of wood. I wouldn't feel like I gained anything by parting with it.

Thanks ever so much for the information mate, I appreciate it.

Archived